DIY Shoe Sole Refashion

Salut chéries!  I was rooting through my closet the other day when I came across a pair of heels that I’d nearly forgotten about.  They really are adorable, they have the cutest little bows on them and pretty silver lace.  They go with so much and they aren’t too high!  Just perfect for a long night out on your feet.  Anyway, the soles were pretty disgusting looking and my first thought was, ‘I can’t go out with them looking like this!’  So naturally I decided it was time for a little modge podge and colour!  They were in desperate need of a fix up and it was the perfect occasion to add a pop of colour of one of my favourite pieces.  I first wiped down the soles with rubbing alcohol (I heard this makes paint stick better), then I put on about two or three coats of this gorgeous lavender paint I found in a drawer.  I originally wore them with no coat of modge podge thinking that it would be okay for one night if I was sitting the whole time.  BOY WAS I WRONG.  There was no paint left by the time I got home afterwards!!  I spent the next day repainting the soles and then I added two coats of modge podge for extra protection against scuffing.  They turned out really great and they look much better than the ugly scuffed soles from before!  I have yet to wear them with the coats of modge podge but I can’t wait to find out what happens!  My tips when attempting a project like this:

1. Make sure the coats are dry before putting on the next one

2. Tape the sides of the shoes so the paint stays where it’s supposed to

3. I used a silver sharpie and went around the edge of the sole because my originally black soles had left a black lip around the shoe.  The silver sharpie was the same colour as the shoes so it blended in really well, and no more black line!


Until the next project!




Leather Purse

Hello!  My mom recently gave me this old outdated leather coat of hers and seeing as I couldn’t do anything with it I decided to cut it up and use the leather pieces to make something else.  Let me just say it took forever ripping all those seams apart.  But after finally getting past this stage the rest of the process went pretty smoothly.  I just traced my pattern with some white chalk, cut out my pieces and tied them together using the long strips of leather that make up the fringe.  The strap is braided and sewed along the crease under the flap.  The only problem I’ve encountered was that I didn’t have any pieces long enough to cut into strips for the strap so I had to keep braiding in extra pieces until I got my desired length.  Also I didn’t take into account the half inch or so that I used to tie the two pieces together so my bag did turn out a tad smaller than expected.  No biggie though!  I still find it very cute and the flaws make it all the more unique 🙂

Well until next time!